What are the benefits of travel insurance for travelers? And How to take care of travel insurance claims? One more what caused the claim to be rejected.
What is Travel Protection Insurance?
Do you know what are the benefits of travel insurance? Here are 5 benefits of travel insurance you need to know:
1. Medical Treatment Fee
Sometimes calamities come at the wrong time, including being on vacation. Example of a person on vacation abroad and experiencing pain due to extreme weather differences. As you know the cost of health care abroad is quite expensive is not it? Therefore you need to buy travel insurance.
2. Donations for Death
Travel insurance products will also provide compensation if anything happens to the insured (people who get protection). If you still remember one of the incidents of the disappearance of an aircraft of one of the airlines in Indonesia which contains hundreds of passengers. Short story of the plane is said to fall and passengers in it declared dead.
3. Delay Compensation or Trip Cancellation
One of the most annoying things for a traveler is the delay of the plane (aka delay) or the cancellation of the trip. Insurance companies will also make compensation for airline delays and cancellations. Of course the terms and conditions apply, you must read the travel insurance policy.
4. Indemnification: Damage or Loss of Baggage
The second problem often encountered by travelers traveling by airplane is baggage handling. There are many issues that say irresponsible people when checking luggage or lowering luggage. The insurance company will compensate for any damage and loss of luggage according to the rules stated in the insurance policy.
5. Indemnification: Terrorism or Natural Disasters
In addition to the four events above, sometimes there are still unpredictable events that are acts of terrorism and natural disasters. Unfortunately not all travel insurance products protect against acts of terrorism and natural disasters.
How To Claim Travel Insurance?
Frequently asked questions are, how to take care of travel insurance claims? Actually every travel insurance product will provide details how to take care of the claim in the policy guide. You must first read the contents of the policy before traveling. Here’s a general guide how travel insurance claims:
-You need to make a written notice to the insurance company within 14 days of the event.
– Fill out the claim form and required documents (usually 180 days). The documents that are normally requested are: a claim form, a photocopy of identity, a boarding pass, an insurance certificate and other required documents.
What Causes Insurance Claims Rejected?
There are several reasons why your claim was rejected, including:
1.You forgot to extend or pay a premium. This first problem is a fatal problem and your claim will be rejected. If you buy travel insurance, you will definitely get an insurance policy. Suppose you buy travel insurance through a travel agent (tour agent), make sure you ask the policy.
2. Your claim is outside the policy. Before going to the destination, make sure you read and understand the contents of the policy and the protection provided. Recognize specific definitions of the hospital, illness, medical evacuation conditions, baggage handling and so on.
3. You do not immediately report the problem. Do not overcome in reporting problems. Usually in the insurance policy will explain the time to report problems and time to complete supporting documents.
The required document is incomplete. You should check the necessary documents, so that the claim process can be taken care of immediately.
4. The reason your claim is illogical. In principle, insurance products aim for protection and not a means to gain profit. It is highly recommended that you make a claim on a false or illogical basis for the purpose of making a profit. Suppose the insured feign sick at the destination, to get compensation.